Since I began this little project of mine I have had several changes in my life. Now that it is summer and my kids are out of school, I want to enjoy being with them and go explore some of the things that I have discovered while putting together this website.
So here is my To Do list for the summer (it may continue to grow considerably after this post):
The American Sport Art Museum and Archives in Daphne, Alabama
* I don't live very far from this one and yet I've never been there. I plan to change that this summer.
Estuarium at Dauphin Island Sea Lab on Dauphin Island in Mobile, Alabama
* Once again, don't live far from here and have never been. Fixing. :)
5 Rivers - Alabama's Delta Resource Center in Spanish Fort, Alabama
* This is a beautiful facility in the center of some really gorgeous property surrounded by water.
They have many different activities and I'll have to do a little more research to see what we can
get ourselves into.
USS Alabama Battleship in Mobile, Alabama
* We see this ship and all it's glory every time we pass over the Mobile Bay. My kids will love to
finally get to go inside and see what it's all about.
July 1 - LaserSpectacular featuring the music of Pink Floyd at the Wharf Amphitheater.
* I am so excited about this show. When I was in high school, we used to go watch shows like this
all the time at the Louisiana Nature Center. They were always so cool.
Kliebert's Alligator and Turtle Farm in Hammond, Louisiana
* Okay, I discovered this place because of "Swamp People" on the History Channel. Have you
seen the show? I love it! Being from New Orleans, the show reminds me of the beautiful
culture that I grew up with and I love Louisiana so very much. :)
Abita Mystery Museum in Abita Springs, LA
* I found this museum from an article on Twitter and I cannot wait to go check it out.
New Orleans Food & Beverage Museum
* I don't know how my kids will feel about this but this is MY to do list, right? :)
Lynn Meadows Discovery Center in Gulfport, MS
* This museum is said to be one of the top Children's Museums in the country. The exhibits look
amazing and if we go on Sunday, admission is only $5 each. :)
The Stennis Space Center in Mississippi
* I remember going on a field trip when I was in jr high (I think, maybe high school). I know my
kids would love it.
Wonderworks in Panama City, FL
* This sounds like a pretty cool place to take the kids. It's a little pricey for a day trip but I hope we
can make it over there anyway.
Well, I believe that this is a very hefty list of things to do this summer. In between camps, VBS, geocaching, and trips to the pool our summer should be quite an adventure. I'll keep you posted on how we are doing through blog posts. Any tips and tricks regarding any of these locations would be fantastic! Thanks for reading and I'll talk to you soon. :)